What is MITF?
Masa Israel Teaching Fellows is a 10-month fellowship for Jewish college graduates, between the ages of 21 and 35, who want to contribute to the future success of Israeli children and make a real difference. Teach English while immersing yourself in Israeli society and become an integral member of the city in which you live, teach and volunteer.
MITF is a partnership between Masa Israel Journey and the Ministry of Education. Masa Israel offers a uniquely transformative experience; we believe that Israel is the perfect platform for young adults who are eager to explore, experience, and develop skills for a lifetime of achievement.
1. Unique chance to live in an Israeli community, while getting paid
2. Opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of Israeli youth
3. Work alongside your peers 25 hours a week in a local school, teaching English
4. Create your own volunteer projects based on your skills & interests
5. Gain leadership & teaching skills to prepare you for the program, and the rest of your life
6. Experience local life & be immersed in Israeli culture
7. The kids learn English and have you as a mentor. Everyone wins!
**No Hebrew language skills are required and availability is limited, so don't miss out!
About the provider:
Oranim College of Education is the leading college of education in the North of Israel. It caters to thousands of students enrolled in bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in education, teaching certification courses, and advanced career training. Oranim International School brings students, educators, and academics from diverse cultures and religions around the world, to come and collaborate with one another and engage in creative, innovative educational programming that promotes dialogue and social change.
Haifa serves as Israel’s third largest city. It is one of its most beautiful and multicultural cities, filled with gorgeous beaches, scenic views from Mount Carmel, and forests perfect for hiking. Home of the magnificent Bahai Gardens and Temple, theaters, concert halls, restaurants, and museums; Haifa is not lacking in activities! Two of Israel’s leading universities, the University of Haifa and the Technion, are located in Haifa, giving the city a vibrant student life and lively nightlife.
The people of Haifa are from diverse religions, cultures, and ethnicities. Jews and Arabs live side by side, and sites of religious worship of the main religions can be found there as well!