Masa Israel Teaching Fellows
Lessons to Teach, Lessons to Learn
What is MITF?
Masa Israel Teaching Fellows is a 10-month fellowship for Jewish college graduates, between the ages of 21 and 35, who want to make a difference. Contribute to the future success of Israeli children by giving them the essential basis of native spoken English. No Hebrew or teaching experience? No Problem! If you're nervous about not knowing enough Hebrew, we find that it is more beneficial for the students to learn from you and with you! Gain transferrable career skills and get trained to teach, all while getting paid and immersing yourself in Israeli society! On MITF you'll become an integral member of the city in which you live, teach and volunteer.
MITF is a partnership between Masa Israel Journey and the Ministry of Education. Masa Israel offers a uniquely transformative experience; we believe that Israel is the perfect platform for young adults who are eager to explore, experience, and develop skills for a lifetime of achievement.
1. Unique chance to live in an Israeli community, while getting paid
2. Opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of Israeli youth
3. Work alongside your peers 25 hours a week in a local school, teaching English
4. Create your own volunteer projects based on your skills & interests
5. Gain leadership & teaching skills to prepare you for the program, and the rest of your life
6. Experience local Israeli life & be immersed in the culture
7. The kids learn English and have you as a mentor. Everyone wins!